Tuesday 6 January 2009

Oh How I Smile...

As promised, the latest offering from our guest Scottish Rhyming Poetry expert:

This rhyme is for you father
On your special day
For it contains all the words
That I wish to say

You care for me you nurtured me
And taught me how to grow
Into the person I am today
Grateful from head to toe

And during the times of my life
When I buried my head in the sand
You taught me how to stand up tall
And guided me with a gentle hand

So on this special occasion
The least that I can do
Is give to you this birthday poem
To show that I love you

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may think you're funny by posting this stuff, or maybe you're just very sad. Scotland has produced many great writers and poets so the only reason you can have to post this utter crap is to make out that Scottish people are stupid and unable to write better than a kid! You are a complete nob.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Mundolo! I accept some of your points. However, are you actually suggesting that the author of this particular poem is "stupid and unable to write better than a kid!"? If so, then I doubt he/she will think that a kind remark! As Sweaty said on another post "don't shoot the messenger" and since you would appear to promote Scotland (presumably because you are Scottish?) then surely you are able to accept its every facet? I am intending to write a book on the things which make certain countries great (some better than others) and I have found this site to be extremely helpful in my research. You really must try to take the rough with the smooth Mundolo. After all, no-one, including the Scots it would seem, is perfect!